- Title: Applause (LA Edition) Unsigned
- Medium: Screen print
- Date: 2006
- Edition: 100 unsigned (0 signed LA edition, 150 signed POW edition, 350 unsigned POW edition)
- Dimensions: 114 x 76 cm
- Signed: unsigned and numbered
- Published by: Modern Multiples
- Further info: Additional 6 signed copies were made outside this edition, Pest Control will not provide COA’s for them.
- This edition of 100 prints printed by Modern Multiples & released at the ‘Barely Legal’ exhibition. The remaining 400 prints were printed & released by POW. These prints had some differences in colour & detail to the Modern Multiples prints. Most noticeable is the contrast of the two prints is completely different – LA is far stronger.
Applause is part of the largest ever LA edition set that was originally shown in Banksy’s 2006 ‘Barely Legal’ exhibition in the form of 100 unsigned prints.
Applause differs from the rest of the ‘Barely Legal’ limited edition as the other five prints in the set measure approximately 76 x 57 cm, Applause measures 114 x 76 cm. It is also the most detailed screen print in the print set, resembling a sketch rather than a stencil.
This piece highlights the trivialisation of serious issues such as military power in a world dominated by mass media, where lethal endeavours become a show.